Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Prepare Yourself For A Water Damage Event
It can be impossible to predict when a water damage event will strike your home or business in Pompano Beach. When the loss occurs, do you know what to do? Most people will experience a water loss of some degree at some point in their lifetime. Once you notice your home or business has suffered from water damage, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of Deerfield Beach team a call! A quick response to your loss can save you a ton of time and money during the mitigation process.
Take a minute to review our Water Damage Tips down below to learn more about what you can do until our SERVPRO team arrives to help!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (954) 596-2208
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.